Part Time Roles
These roles are for current University of Surrey students only.
Team Members - Rubix
The Students' Union holds two part-time staff recruitment events for Rubix Nightclub - one in the Autumn and one in the Spring semester. Our Recruitment Process will currently be held over Zoom/Microsoft Teams rather than in person.
Our recruitment events take the form of group assessments followed by a short one to one interview. Competition is very high for the number of part-time vacancies we have available, so the selection process involves scoring candidates in the assessment and interviews.
Our supervisors carry out the roles of assessor and interviewer for Rubix staff. Those candidates with the highest scores will be offered part-time jobs. New members of staff will be given induction and on-the-job training. They will also be given the opportunity to undertake BIIAB accredited training courses which, if successfully passed, will give them a nationally recognised qualification.
Tips for candidates attending Rubix recruitment events:
- You don't need to bring your CV or anything with you to the recruitment events.
- You will be put into a group and asked to undertake a group assessment exercise
- The group exercises are fun but remember we are looking at your skills as a team player; how you communicate; listening skills and your attitude. It's important you contribute as much as you can in order to show your skills to the assessor.
- During the one to one interviews think of how you will get across information about yourself.
What previous work experience have you had? Have you been a volunteer?
- What skills can you bring as a member of our part time staff team?
- Don't worry if you haven't worked before as experience is not an essential requirement to work for the Students' Union.
- Try to relax and be yourself.